Hi everyone!

Limernick

Hello everyone!

I have just purchased my first Pathfinder, a 2003 LE 4x4 with only 50,000 miles on it (one owner, clean Carfax), and I am incredibly excited! A friend of my father's had it come through his dealership and was able to make me a fantastic deal on it, I feel very lucky! It is such an awesome vehicle! :)

A quick question though, as I begin looking through the archives here: Is there anything specifically I should watch out for on this particular model? I took it to my usual mechanic before purchasing and he believed it to be in excellent shape, however I am sure there is plenty he may have missed on just a basic inspection. I did notice in briefly checking out the site the issue of the power valve screws, however I am still a little confused as to which models that refers to. After reading through some of the google results on it, some seem to think it is not an issue for Japanese-made Pathfinders (Wikipedia says that series may have also been made in Spain?), but I cannot seem to get confirmation on that. I will continue to peruse the forums though, as it seems you guys and gals have a lot of great information!!

Anyway, just wanted to say hello before I set myself down to read all the great info this site has to offer!

Nick