XenonDepot Install Question

benny

Trying to install XenonDepot's 4300k Bi-Xenon 9007 headlights in my (wife's) 2007 Nissan Pathfinder, and I'm having trouble.

I have one bi-xenon headlight installed, driver side. The high beam works fine, no problems. The low beam does not work, and I keep popping fuses. I'm stepped up from the factory 15A fuse to a 20A and a 25A, same thing. I don't really want to go higher than that, and don't think I should have to. I've checked all the wiring/connections. It looks good. The high beam fuse is 10A, if that tells you anything. I think my ground is pretty good, if it was bad the high beam wouldn't work I believe. I also plugged in the other ballast temporarily (to see if its the first ballast) - same thing though.

I really need to get my wife's car operational today (and that might mean reinstalling OEM lights).

Any advice/feedback would be helpful.

I certainly would NOT go with higher amperage fuses. The fuse is there to protect the wire from getting to hot and catching on fire. If you have to go with a larger fuse you will need to go with a larger gauge wire. Mrpheus has a great idea to re-check your wiring to see if the wires jacket has not been compromised.