trans diagram

bagndrag

ive been digging around and cant find a picture showing parts numbers and where everything reconnects on the auto trans for my 89 pathy any help would be great so close to having it back on the road but yet so far

Since we're on the subject of transmissions, I would like some feedback from those of you how have experinced problems with the 5 speed due to using GL5 Synthetic Gear Lube in the tranny.I started using Mobil 1 in the transmission and transfer case about 10,000 miles ago. And before I read the thread about the differences between GL4 and GL5. Right now I'm starting to experince some minor grinding going into 4th(usually after the tranny is warm).Has any one tried replacing just the synchros and 3rd 4th gear? And is it worth the effort? Or would it make more sense to just swap it for another used 5 speed. I have used Mobil 1 for years in both racing and street cars, with no ill effects.So I'm a little suprised about reading this oil breaking down the bushings and other parts. Has this been confirmed ?

Thanks for any feed back.

• 2 weeks later...

I'd try filling it up (overfill to 5.1 liters, the TSB about that is in the Garage/TSB section) with the proper weight dino, GL4 gear oil but leave room for a quart of Lucas Oil Stabilizer. This might mitigate the grinding so you don't have to open it up, and even if you do have to, just drain and store it.

B