Door Unlock Wiring

OldSlowReliable

Installing a remote unlock kit for my 91, bulldog security system, whatever...

Got it almost all wired up, but ran into a weird issue;

All the sites I go to, say that the unlock/lock wires are in the drivers kick panel, lock is black with a yellow stripe, and unlock is black with a red stripe. I found them both, right next to each other in the harness, and wired up the locking side, checked it with my voltage meter, 12v standing, when you hit lock, it grounds it and goes to 0v. I just wired up the unlock, went to test it, and it's reading 5v standing, and doesn't change when I hit unlock, but goes to 0v when I hit lock....

I'm a little confused, and very frustrated at this point.. anyone done this before who can chime in?

Well, I grounded each wire (unlock and lock alike) and they both only LOCK the doors....

I finished the rest of the wiring, including the starter immobilizer..I can lock the doors with the remotes, with both the unlock and lock buttons, but nothing unlocks it.. I also HEAR the starter relay click with each button, but the truck will not start...possibly the unit knows that its not really unlocking the doors somehow and its just relocking the starter relay?....so freaking wrong!!

edit--

Fixed the starter relay...when I got it, one of the wires was disconnected, I connected it how I thought I was reading to, but evidently that was the wrong slot lol..

Oddly enough, I just pulled the switch from the drivers door out, found the black/red wire and spliced into it...touched the new splice to the grounding bolt, and it unlocks....but why would the wire do two different things at two different places? I'm going to pull the wire from the passenger side to see if that does the same thing, otherwise I guess I'll be running a wire from the door to the body somehow..

double edit-

wired it from the door switch....which works when I manually ground it, but when its hooked up to the security unit, the actual door switch won't unlock, and when I hit lock, the door locks go crazy unlocking/locking indefinitely... due to patching in before the timer?

Edited by OldSlowReliable

does this one have relays? i had to use 2 relays for mine but i think its cause mine didnt have auto locks my truck is still messed up the drivers door wont lock anymore but different but you will get it soon

does this one have relays? i had to use 2 relays for mine but i think its cause mine didnt have auto locks my truck is still messed up the drivers door wont lock anymore but different but you will get it soon

Mine explicitly says built in door lock relays...

I just really don't see how this isn't doing it...

Just went out and multimeter'd the module lock/unlock wires...

with the lock wire connected to the B/Y locking wire on the vehicle, and the unlock wire only connected to the + of my DMM=

When I press lock on the keyless remote, it goes from 12v to 0v

When I press unlock on the keyless remote, it goes from 12v to 0v

with both disconnected, I get no signal whatsoever...

probably useless, but confusing nevertheless..

another discovery-

When one wire or the other is connected(at the door switch wiring), everything works fine, but when I connect both, it malfunctions up the wazoo...I'm thinking it might just be a defective unit after all

Edited by OldSlowReliable