Transmission Slipping?

Matthew K

I have a '01 Pathfinder with 51K miles (automatic). Lately when I first drive off in the morning (high 40's-mid 50's in the morning in Virginia), it seems as though there's not a fluid transition from first to second gear, almost as though the transmission is slipping some. I've checked the fluid level/color and it seems okay, and the transmission shifts fine during the day or, coincidentally when the outside temperature is higher or when the engine has been run for a while.

Is it recommended to let the Pathfinder warm up fully in the morning, or is this normal for the Pathfinder transmissions?

Thanks for your help.

Matt

The first 1-2 shift on my truck is always harsh, especially in cold weather. The engine seems to rev up pretty high, then jerks into second. The owner's manual says that this is normal, and as long as it doesn't shift like this all the time, i don't think i'd worry about it too much.

Have you guys with the 01's looked through the following TSB:

01-055A SEP 01 A/T - 1st to 2nd or 2nd to 3rd Gear Shift Flare

Seemed like a bunch of guys with 01's on the 4x4parts.com site had this work done under warranty but I can't remember the details.