Waazz up NPORA!

LucidPathy91

Welcome to the site !! Finally someone that lives close by! Give me a shout if you need any help or want to hit the local junkyards

o-hell ya to both! I just moved here and don't really know anyone that would (or could!) help me if I get into a pickle. I was hiking in the Lake Apopka Restoration Area just a few weeks ago.

yep I actually cleaned all around and tighten all the bolts, then re-checked a week later and found oil comming from mainly the back and right side of the cover.

Ok, then you did it right. Yeah, it sounds like you should replace the gaskets then. General rule of thumb is any gasket you have to remove should be replaced. There aare some tricks with RTV but sometimes it isn't worth the hassle if the gaskets are cheap...

B

I figured out why tightening the screws wasn't working...

I took the valve cover off the passenger side and replaced (lol) the gasket. See first picture of why that is funny. I took of intake manifold to get to the driver side but the distributor rotor is blocking one of the bolts! How do I get that last bolt off the valve cover? It seemed like there was one bolt on the right and one bolt on the left holding the distributor rotor on, The one on the right came right out, but the one on the left seems impossible to get to>? help!

Valve Cover Gaskets

is it the distributor rotor or the distributor? Looks like the distributor is in the way in your pic, I would try a socket with a swivel maybe a couple of extensions to break the nut loose than maybe you can get to the nut with your fingers, either that or a wrench if you can get it in there. I'm sure someone else will answer who has done this already.

is it the distributor rotor or the distributor? Looks like the distributor is in the way in your pic, I would try a socket with a swivel maybe a couple of extensions to break the nut loose than maybe you can get to the nut with your fingers, either that or a wrench if you can get it in there. I'm sure someone else will answer who has done this already.

I suppose it would be the distributor housing that is blocking the valve cover bolt, not enough room for a socket to fit over top of the nut. Might be buying a short open ended wrench or off-set or both :)

found this but doubt you would find one locally,

http://www.handsontools.com/VIM-Tools-V114-10mm-Distributor-Wrench-for-Mazda-Nissan_p_6535.html

may be able to make something similar

Advance auto parts has one in 1/2 and 9/16" but don't know if either would work,

http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_1-2%22-and-9-16%22-Offset-Distributor-Clamp-Wrench-Performance-Tools_9020667-P_N3417_T|GRP2078____

Edited by ahardb0dy

of course there would be a special tool just for that one nut! I really didn't plan on jacking with the distributor, just trying to change a gasket..lol Pathy wins this round. At least I know its 10 mm now