Hello

bmitchell

Hello board.

My name is Ben.

I recently got a smoking deal on a '94 SE-V6.

I am very pleased so far; it replaced an '87 D21 pickup (which has a blown head among other minor problems).

This board has been a great resource for preemptively answering several questions.

Ben

Welcome Ben!! It sounds like you are setting yourself up well with a Pathfinder and I'm glad you've found NPORA helpful so far. Thanks for the introduction, it's always nice to hear from new people. :aok:

B

Here're some quick photos:

pathy.jpg

We had to repaint the tire carrier because it was getting spots of rust. The cover for the tire does not fit well (looks like the original tire is in great condition though).

pathfinderu.jpg

You can see some damage from a previous incident from before I bought it; one of the running lights is smashed to the point of not existing and the driver's door is dented a little.

interiorst.jpg

In this image can be found my buddy's CR-V and the disparaged passenger side door panel. Also I have no center console container thing. Fine with me.

1994 SE

Ticking from the exhaust manifold until warm, brakes make a very weird cricket sound (only while braking and only at certain speeds) and I can feel a good amount of heat from the transmission when I run it up the mountain.

AT fluid is red and slippy so I'm not too worried about it right now.

I got it for a great price and am very happy with it. It looks like the previous owner offroaded it enough to get the undercarriage really muddy, then never cleaned it. Several mud dauber nests on the frame but not too rusty.

All options seem to work except for the seat warmers which I haven't had a good chance to test.

Struts for the rear glass and hatch are shot and I haven't replaced them yet.

Windshield wiper pumps don't work.

Ben

Edited by bmitchell

We had to repaint the tire carrier because it was getting spots of rust. The cover for the tire does not fit well (looks like the original tire is in great condition though).

Note the size of the spare. I can't tell if you have 235/75/15 or 31X10.5" tires but I'm willing to bet the spare does not match them and is an 'emergency' spare only. This is silly to put on an external carrier so upgrade to a matching size spare... ;)

brakes make a very weird cricket sound

Old/worn brake pads, loose fit in the calipers, no antichatter shim or goo. Replace the pads and it should go away.

B

Note the size of the spare. I can't tell if you have 235/75/15 or 31X10.5" tires but I'm willing to bet the spare does not match them and is an 'emergency' spare only. This is silly to put on an external carrier so upgrade to a matching size spare... ;)

Yes, the spare is smaller and marked as an emergency only spare. I plan to get another 31 to put there and the brake pads will be replaced soon.

:aok:

Ben

B

That is how my 87 was. 31 is the factory tire size but it had a temporary use spare the size of a 237/75/15. I swapped it for a spare lego wheel with a 31" tire. With a auto locker in the rear I don't even want to mix different tread depths.

James