Turn signals

beenthere

OK here is problem. Nissan headlight switch went bad(the old lose one low beam light). Change out switch and all goes to working. Then go to use turn signal and get just a buzz from the flash unit. Replace flasher. Still buzz and no turn signal. Try new signal unit and still same result. Now I have headlights(high and low), have emergency flasher(work fine) but no turn signal(just buzz when you try them). Have traced wires with factory schematic and can find no problem. Called Nissan dealers(Ha) we never heard of this one, but for $90.00 we will look it over and see if we can find problem. Call asian repair guy, he said I mess things up because I change switch without unhooking battery. Call me shade tree mechnic. Guess what, he wanted $90.00 to fix my problem. Told him thats ok, I will stich arm out window before he gets any money.

The end is has anyone run into this problem and send help. Getting older everyday.

You use a new or used switch? Any chance you got one with a defect (that NEVER happens... I know)? I think theres a writeup around here somewhere on rebuilding the headlight swith if you didn't pitch the old one as well (cab also plug it in real quick to see if the signals work with that one to eliminate the rest of the system)

shoulda unpluged your battery! now you need a new swich.

Ok when you get this sorted out may I recomend that you run a relay for your headlights using 14ga wire from the battery to the realy and from the relay to the lights and a 12ga ground from the lights to the chasis. This will 1 increase the life of your new swich 2 prolong the life of the stock 16~18ga stock wires(now being used to trigger the realay) and 3 impove light brightness because the current does not need to travel thru 15ft of undersized wire before it gets to the light.

shoulda unpluged your battery! now you need a new swich.

Ok when you get this sorted out may I recomend that you run a relay for your headlights using 14ga wire from the battery to the realy and from the relay to the lights and a 12ga ground from the lights to the chasis. This will 1 increase the life of your new swich 2 prolong the life of the stock 16~18ga stock wires(now being used to trigger the realay) and 3 impove light brightness because the current does not need to travel thru 15ft of undersized wire before it gets to the light.

I guess I did not make it clear. The light switch is good. New one did same thing and tested in another vehicle and it worked fine. All lights(dash,stop,tail, interior and flashers work fine), just no turn signal. The quest goes on.

I guess I did not make it clear. The light switch is good. New one did same thing and tested in another vehicle and it worked fine. All lights(dash,stop,tail, interior and flashers work fine), just no turn signal. The quest goes on.

oh you were clear, I'm just saying when your done fixing the turn signals your next project should be headlight relays. If they came with them from the factory your lowbeam on the old swich would have never failed in the first place.

Edited by MY1PATH