Swap to VG30E

AceJime

Just bought a VG30E engine from oxford for my '88 pathy. Just wanted to hear from anybody who's already done this. Tips, suggestions, things I should do while the old engine is out... That sort of thing.

x2 if your going MPFI

otherwise take care of your TBI manifolds and intake, you'll need it to swap over.

Get some Gunk Engine Brite(a few cans) and spray all the stains down in your engine bay. after it sits for a few give the heavy areas a scrub and let sit some more. then give all areas (even the un-coated ones) light scrub and hose everything down.

Swap out your old fuel and AT lines(if you have em) and inspect eveything for corosion or damage. THis will be your best easy acess time for that kind of maintainace.

I'm mostly worried about the electrical... Engine will be here next week... I'll probably go down and see if I can pull an ECU about monday. Am I going to run into any electrical issues or is it pretty straight forward...??

• 2 years later...

its only one o2 sensor on the vg30e. i dont think these had 2 until the later years. im doing this swap except mine is a vg30ET swap from a 84 50th AE 300zx... kingman has done it twice on his, once using the trucks harness and plugging the ecu into it, (AND) repinning what was needed for the new ecu... the other was a 300zx harness pinned to the truck in a few spots..... im doing option B with the z harness and from what ive figured out do far youll have to pin a few things from the z harness to the trucks efi harness for ease. so you dont have to sort out all the wiring from the truck and splice in the new efi thru the truck...... ive been racking my brain on this for a few weeks now but i think most of the pins youll need to run is pins 3,5,6,10,34,108 and 20 plus put the fusible link to the battery. ill be making a post once its all done detailing what i had to do as far as pinning goes, once i got that done ill be doing the turbo too.