Still rubbing

Ramithepimp77

Well today I was up at the mountians shooting off some ammo and was THINKING about PATH FINDING when I noticed that even on an easier trail I was starting to rub again. This trail was a simple little trail that even the JGC (stock) that was with me made it with ease. I made it fine but hearing that noise again made me wonder...

After my T-bars were cranked (THANKS 88) is it possible that they are just so bad they started "drooping" again? OR is it just that they settled and they may need more cranking?

I also noticed that my temp gauge was higher than usual. I have NEVER EVER gone over the half way point. Even when I was at Sand Lake and pushin my rig pretty hard It stayed HALF and now its goin prolly 3/4s. I put the heat on full blast and that worked for a little bit than it went back up to 3/4s. After that I just stopped and gave the pathy a little rest and continued home after it was cooled down a bit.

I would still like to go to BC but I honestly dont think it would be a great idea right now. As soon as I pay a little more to the tires and wheels im going to get that bod lift, were gonna install it (if the NWORC crew would be up for helpin me out again), and were gonna test it out. BEER AND PIZZA WILL BE PRESENT WHEN INSTALLING THE BOD LIFT (like i said IF your up for it)!!!

Any ways sorry Aaron!

So any in-put on the Tbars and the over heating thing would be wonderful. THANKS!

Rami

You probably need to reindex the torsion bars. They're maxed out as it sits. We can do that easy enough, but first, pressure wash the underside of that thing!

About the temp guage... Did you dunk the front end of the Pathy in muddy water? If so, the radiator probably has mud in it which prevents proper cooling...clean it out.

By the way, a totally stock Pathy with street tires has gone with us to BC and done just fine. I wouldn't worry about it, unless you don't trust yourself, hehehe. You just need to trim your fenders a little, then no rubbing!

it is possible the the torsions are worn out and need replacing ... mine are that way ... and I want to replace them ... but I am thinking about just holding off on that until I decide if I want to do a solid axel swap with some new gearing ...

i'd hate to spend the money on things that I wont need in the future ... additional cranking will help with that problem but your ride quality will suffer ...

Ill take another look at it tonight. I have a buddy that says he could trim the fenders for me BUT I dont know quite yet.

Maybe Ill just put on a the old A/Ts up front and leave the M/Ts in the back. :P

OR I could just pay off a few things like I said earlier and get that darn bod lift. CANT WAIT CANT WAIT!!!

Rami