Tranny fluid

Der_Vier

Before I get :ar15: for asking, I did try a few searches and didn't find much of what I was looking for, if this topic has been discussed though please do point me in the right direction...anyhoo: How do I go about checking the manual tranny fluid on my 98 r50? I am assuming that I have to undo the plug and stick my finger in. Where abouts is the plug located and will I have to buy a special tool to undo the plug? WIll I need to somehow jack the truck up? (at college, no jacks with me)

Again if this has been covered sorry for posting this

Thanks in advance

IV

Its going to be hard to check the fluid especially without jacking up the truck. The hole is located at the center and to undo it you will at least need a breaker bar. I had the same problem but I decided to just go ahead and get the fluid changed, ended up using GL4 Royal Purple.

It was never changed in my truck before I bought it, if its the same for you then better get it changed, it became fairly smooth after the change.

@ Vmodi: How much did the change cost you?

@My1path: Thanks, I lurked it, but I cannot tell if that TSB covers my transmission also? It says up unitl 95. Did they use the same transmission in the R50?

Hi there

I had both diffs, the transfer case, transmission, full steering inspection and all the front swaybar bits done (I bought the parts for that) 250.00. Make sure they check the transmission oil for gear teeth bits, found a couple of reverse idler bits in mine.

As it was new to me and I have a mechanic I trust it was worth the money for piece of mind, besides now I can spend money on toys.