Good for sleeping In?

WeekendAway

G'Day

I have a question that i thought I'd ask here because some of the experienced users seem to flick over these posts WAVEY ... I am considering hiring a 4WD to take camping and am tossing up between the pathfinder and a landcruiser ute. Does the pathfinder (model year between 1996 and 1999) have enough room in the rear of the cabin to sleep two people (snugly)? I.e. take down the back door, put rear seats forward - is it flat enough to get head/body/legs on the same level? I am going to take a tent just in case but ideally if we could sleep in the car we would not have to worry about paying for or seeking available space for a campsite....

Broome is a love place to visit but expensive if you want to use any form of accomodation overnight. A few campsite are free but not many.

Cheers

G'day mate, good to see another West Aussie on here. Im 6'4 and have slept in the back of my 1993 WD21 fairly comfortably a few times, but Im not sure about 2 ppl as the wheel wells may cause it to be a little too snug, unless ur having someone sleep on top of you. Im not sure about the R50, but im sure Pezzy will be here in a minute to answer.

Edited by DavefromOZ

Im not sure about the R50, but im sure Pezzy will be here in a minute to answer.

Oh hello, sorry, I was late. :D

We sleep in the back of my pathy from time to time, when tenting it seems like too much work.

To get the most room, I pull the front seats forward, I remove the seat bottoms from the back entirely. That gives you an extra foot or more. I usually fill the foot wells with my trail gear and tools, then put either an airmattress, or the self inflating mattresses in the back. It's plenty flat, providing you find a flat place to park. My husband is almost 6 feet tall, and is able to sleep comfortably.

I ditched the hubby to go wheeling one weekend in the spring, and here is my bed for 1 set up:

29713_10150185212895427_803960426_12860792_8243267_n.jpg

There's a pillow hiding under the sleeping bag, hence it looks higher closer to the front of the truck.

I actually drilled out the hinges on the back seat bottoms, and put a quick release pin in them, so I dont have to pull the bolts everytime I go camping.