Starter Problems

SimplyRed

My son Pathfinder, he has a 95, we had some problems back a while with the starter just clicking. Put in another starter and after doing the relay trick, we had the truck working good. I got him to disconnect his boombox cause I was sure he had something shorting or crossed or something. Well after working good for over a month, he tried connecting it up again, now after almost two weeks it's just clicking again. At first we just boosted it, seemed his battery was a little too low, but now it won't start even with a boost. It just clicks. I bypassed even the relay to hot wire it, and it still just clicks. Now is this the starter or can it be the security system stopping it from turning over. This truck seems possessed at times. And how do you get rid of the security crap. TIA

just curious, I had a problem with autozone reman alternators before, and the starter I put in about a year ago is a reman from Oreilly, after about 3 weeks it wouldn't engage the flywheel completely for about a week, I thought I was going to have to pull it out and take it back but it has since acted OK. Seems as though it is hit and miss on these reman parts from auto stores as to whether they are actually any good or not. One of the alternators I got from auto zone would charge great for about the first 10 minutes after startup and quit completely so when it was bench tested it always passed, after finally adding an in cabin volt gauge I figured it out and demanded a new one.