my pathfinder bogging at 5000 rpm

ChrisPerna

I think not, Plenty of 300zx guys have bumped the limter to 7 & 7500RPM on the stock motor with no ill effects to the lifters or valves.

Higher springs are recomended above 7000RPM (to prevent valve float) and solid lifters are recomended (to prevent lifter collapse) but the rest of the internals can handle up to 9000rpm

oh i know.. i said.. START.. i've had my rig to 7k and she's screaming...

also, a good portion of the 300zx guys have different heads, wich means valves.. etc.. remember. DUEL over head cam. (yes, i know that you could find alot of different configurations.

I was talking about the z31 guys (sohc) who just do ecu prom @ their buddys electronics lab so they can rev Higer, no other mods.

LOL I've seen my needle peg past 8 when I was kicked into 2nd insead of 4th why trying to pass someone. My eyes were large, the sound was awesome, I got passed and once properly in 4th I was glad to see no damage had been done. My new modified lifters were in place if you want to think thats what saved me. I reall have no Idea.

The Z31 heads are identical to the '90-'95 Pathfinder heads, I'm fairly certain that most people run stock heads since they do seem to handle a fair amount of power. I don't understand the point in running a stock engine past 6,500RPM when the power band falls off around that point. I know when I rev mine past 5K with the TBI it looses all power (flow design not meant for high-RPMs) and essentially does nothing past that point. Always has, but I'll see if the Z31 intake flows better at higher RPMs. Then maybe I'll see the point.

Whoops, :jacked:

Chris, did you check for vacuum leaks yet?

Edited by Kingman

I don't understand the point in running a stock engine past 6,500RPM when the power band falls off around that point.

1 its fun

2 max advance happens(+30deg iirc) @ ~4500rpm BUT with a turbo; as boost increases you need less advance so max advance happens later and power can reach higer rpms. (hence the 70~7500 RPM LIMITS)

OK I have a solution for you:

The timing on that Pathfinder is definitely off a tooth. Either some moron did the timing belt or it will fail soon. Strip that parts Pathfinder that you have from its fenders and take all the timing belt components, since you just had the timing belt done there. Then pull the intake plenum and take the engine harness out. Then reinstall the parts in the newer Pathfinder. You have to do it soon because you may have to swap engines if the timing fails.

For those of you who think this is a vacuum leak, it isn't. You can plug the air holes in the air box and the engine dies.

Edited by Tungsten