gas smell

wilson

howdy

a few days ago I noticed a gas odor comin from the pathy. Its like gas only a little more acrid or powerful. smells are hard to explain. So yesterday I went sniffin around and realized its definitely coming from under the hood. so I opened it up and its definitely localized to the drivers side and, I think, seems to be coming form the carbon canister. now I know nothing about what this thing really does but upon further inspection realized it does have a fuel tank line connected to it so its not beyond the realm of possibility.

Anyway is this a sign that it needs changing or cleaning or what? what does it do? and is it possible I'm smelling something else in the area?

thanks for your help and wealth of knowledge

wilson

There are hoses that connect your two fuel rails for the fuel injectors. They loosen up and leak sometimes, usually all it needs is the clamp tightened. Start there.

I haven't heard much about carbon canisters clogging so I'm of little help with that. Do you have a copy of the 94 FSM?? What does it say?

B

There are hoses that connect your two fuel rails for the fuel injectors. They loosen up and leak sometimes, usually all it needs is the clamp tightened. Start there.

where does this take place? I remember reading something a loooong time ago and I seem to remember something about it a junction near the braking bias box on the frame, passenger side?