HELP

Hey all just signed up, I have a 95 nissan pathey 3. slow. Anyway I love this truck. I have recently done a complete engine swap. The donar engines from a 95 atomatic and i sucessfuly completed the swap. into my 95 manual. the engine runs great. heres the trickey part, since i had the truck in pieces i thought it was wise to throw a new clutch in. It was ok at first but started slipping when the truck warmed up. After playing around with the clutch petal distance it seemed to help a little but not alot. so i changed the cluch master cylinder and slave. Then i noticed theres no more resistance on my thrust bearing arm, I think that the springs come loose. my question is is it possible to get it back on without dropping my trannie, I know its a shot in the dark, and its such a simple mechaninism for me to go through all the work dropping my trannie to fix.

Howdy and welcome!! So you are saying that there is no resistance to the actuating arm that the slave cylinder moves?? It can be moved over it's range of travel??

It's been a while but IIRC there was a clip that held the throw out bearing carrier in relation to the fork, it sounds like this slipped, is broken, etc?? I seriously doubt that there is anything you can do from outside of the bell housing and for peace of mind, I wouldn't recommend it anyway. You should pull the tranny back so you can look inside. The good news is that you don't have to take everything apart to do this, you can just drop the rear cross member (the ones the T bars tie into) and slide the tranny back, that'll save some work. Good luck and let us know what happened!!

B

Howdy and welcome!! So you are saying that there is no resistance to the actuating arm that the slave cylinder moves?? It can be moved over it's range of travel??

It's been a while but IIRC there was a clip that held the throw out bearing carrier in relation to the fork, it sounds like this slipped, is broken, etc?? I seriously doubt that there is anything you can do from outside of the bell housing and for peace of mind, I wouldn't recommend it anyway. You should pull the tranny back so you can look inside. The good news is that you don't have to take everything apart to do this, you can just drop the rear cross member (the ones the T bars tie into) and slide the tranny back, that'll save some work. Good luck and let us know what happened!!

B

It was 5 years ago that I did my Pathy clutch, but I think that is what I remember. Regardless, you are going to have to look inside. Yes to the tranny jack, I can't imagine any other way of doing it, at least solo...

B

Sounds like the clip came off inside. Like B said, just remove the rear cross member, drive line, wiring to the transfer case, transfer case selector and mechanism, and slide the transmission back and take a peak.

One other thing, you did remove the flex plate locating spacer on the back of the crank and installed a pilot bushing, right?

Edited by Kingman