EGR valve question

Tungsten

good idea, but you should check when it opens up before you go a-monkeyin around. stick you finger under the valve(with the engine off) and push up to get an idea of how much it moves. then with the engine running, rev it up while touching the underside of the valve(gets a little warm in there so use a glove). At a certain rpm you should feel the valve open; mine does this between 22 and 2800rpm. so if your looking for power at a lower rpm I wouldn't worry to much about it. but you've given me an idea.

Has anyone else in here capped off the egr and noticed a power gain? If so it might be a good idea to mod up a switch so it can be shut off when runing through the gears.

ok I just got back from trying this out. the disconnect wasn't that hard since i no longer have an airbox to remove. And I'm not too sure about it; it seems kinda peppy almost, but i may have been doing something different. That and there was somebody in front of me on the free-way ramp i use to test acceleration, so i couldn't really give it.

I'll know more tomorrow.

-----------------------

Here's the business.

acellerating: 2k-3k ---same

3k-4k ---same

4k-5k ---have power to 4400 where before it just gave up at 4k-4.1k

cruising: feels smoother at all rpms. almost feels like the engine wants you to step on

the gas.

throttle response: totally different. when I step on it to pass some one, or just for fun,

it's all right there; ready to go. And, does what you want.

I think its definately worth tinkering with to find a way to switch the system on and off.

But, I'm hooking it back up in the morning until I come up with and way to toggle it.

Edited by LittleReD89