Advanced OBD2 P1131 code

fleurys

Started tuesday... I get the elusive P1131 code. I know the description of it and I suspect that my last drop in high water might have something to do with it, but I wanted to know if anyone had some hint of troubleshooting procedure since it is not in my mitchell nor in the fsm. I understand it is related to the p1130 code, but the procedure to troubleshoot this one is so long that it can be pretty much anything from the maf to the crankshaft sensor.... So I said to myself, if nissan added this advanced code for their vehicule, it might be because they can better pinpoint the issue...

So I have the p1131 code and nothing else... Right now I think it has to do when I go WOT (wide open throttle). I have been gunning it a little tuesday and yesterday and the code came on both days (had erased it tuesday)... Today (thursday), it has not come up yet, but I'm also trying driving with slow to moderate acceleration... So this might confirm it... I understand that the action of going wot makes the Swirl Control Solenoid Valve work and open, the so dear to us, power valves :thumbsdown: ...

So if anyone has specific troubleshooting info on the 1131, please speak ! for now I will gather infos and tests with different way of driving to try to find a common point.. Other than that, the truck runs and feels fine. Idle a 750, no shaking, quick recovery and same fuel mileage. so other then a nice <service engine soon> light, it's normal.

Gracias, NPORA crowd!

Edited by fleurys

Check your intake piping for any cracks, and make sure all your vacuum hoses are still connected. P1131 means it's running lean, from what I can gather.

Also, make sure you give your MAF a good cleaning. I remember you saying your air filter was all wet, so it's possible some crap got onto the sensor. If it's reading incorrectly, it could cause a lean condition.

Edited by Simon

Check your intake piping for any cracks, and make sure all your vacuum hoses are still connected. P1131 means it's running lean, from what I can gather.

Also, make sure you give your MAF a good cleaning. I remember you saying your air filter was all wet, so it's possible some crap got onto the sensor. If it's reading incorrectly, it could cause a lean condition.

I beleive the lean condition for this code applies for the ford and mazda only.... The nissan advanced code for this p1131 that I found refers to this : P1131 - Manufacturer control fuel air metering - Swirl Control Solenoid Valve

Are you sure of your source simon ? I will check the hoses tonight...

S.

Well, it looks like my pathfinder model is not an SE but SH.......

SH for Self Healing :tongue:

I did not had the time yet to look at the vacuum hose or connections but the code has not reappeared...Wot or not... So case closed...

• 2 months later...

update :

The code eventually re-appeared a few days later. I then got the help of one nissan tech that hangs out on another forum (bender) and he pointed me in the right direction. I learned that the fsm for your truck is not always the right one.... meaning, that even though I have a 2001, it seems that the ecu/programation is somehow from a 2002 because the p1131 code only started to exist in 2002. So I have a late 2001, early 2002... And this code was pretty easy to fix... a simple disconnect/reconnect of the green connector with some contact cleaner did the trick... I guess after my dip in high water, this connector did not like it...

A big thank to bender on this one.

here`s the picture of the connector location.

Case Closed !

p1131.jpg

Edited by fleurys