Need to see a pic of a TBI engine...

sammyb33

Hey, I am working on getting a nice looking 89 Hardbody running to replace my 95. It has been in a JY since 2000 but when i slapped a battery in it, it turned over nicely, the oil was fairly clean, and overall the truck is in really nice shape. My friend who owns the JY told me he bought a whole lot of trucks and cars off of a woman who's husband had recently passed, but he owned a towing business and often kept cars that were towed and not wanted anymore. He was told this one needed a fuel pump, or a coil, he was not sure. Either way I am assuming the owner of the truck put the cost of the repair above the worth of the vehicle. It only has 140k on the ODO, and everything seems to work electronically. But, even though it turned over, I did some more poking around and found the coil was pulled out and mounted onto the radiator support, plugged into the dizzy, but the harness plugs were obviously unplugged.

So, can someone point me into the right direction and tell me where it should go, i have looked (a little, I didnt have much time) and could not see obviously where it should go. A picture would be awesome but a really good description would be helpful as well. I would love to get this thing on a trade and be able to drive it out of the JY.

Thanks!

I ain't got a pic with the coil location in it, but yea it's "supposed" to me on the left side inner fender. Maby If I get ambitious I will go take a pic later...

bbb586bf.jpg

edit: pic added crappy view but there it be (see the orangeish end of the coil wire?)

Edited by nunya

I ain't got a pic with the coil location in it, but yea it's "supposed" to me on the left side inner fender. Maby If I get ambitious I will go take a pic later...

bbb586bf.jpg

edit: pic added crappy view but there it be (see the orangeish end of the coil wire?)

Got it, yep, i was looking for somewhere on the engine itself. or on the fender near the washer fluid bottle. I had not looked under the intake tubing. Ill get it there tomorrow and see if I have spark... It really is amazing, this truck has very minimal rust. body rust, I havent found any, only rust I have found is in the bed, but I believe that is from all of the crap sitting in the bed since it was parked in 2000.....

thanks for the quick replies, Ill keep you updated....