Some Question

so i just bought my pathfinder yesterday and there is some things that need to be fixed.

1. the unlock button fell off the circuit board on the key fob. so if i get a new fob, how do i program it?

2. the chrome bumper tops are rotten, where can i buy new ones cheap preferably not chrome?

3. a/c doesn't work, i'm thinking it just needs to be recharged. is there any common problems?

4. headliner is falling down, i thought about regluing it. but when i push it up in certain spots, i can feel metal in behind, like there is not padding.

5. roof racks are missing (center bars). what years fit it from other vehicles?

6. i want to get bush bars. i found one reasonable from a 4 runner. will it fit?

7. i could smell gear oil the odd times on the way home, is that a common problem and should i be looking for anything.

any help would be greatly appreciate, thank you :)

so i just bought my pathfinder yesterday and there is some things that need to be fixed.

1. the unlock button fell off the circuit board on the key fob. so if i get a new fob, how do i program it?

2. the chrome bumper tops are rotten, where can i buy new ones cheap preferably not chrome?

3. a/c doesn't work, i'm thinking it just needs to be recharged. is there any common problems?

4. headliner is falling down, i thought about regluing it. but when i push it up in certain spots, i can feel metal in behind, like there is not padding.

5. roof racks are missing (center bars). what years fit it from other vehicles?

6. i want to get bush bars. i found one reasonable from a 4 runner. will it fit?

7. i could smell gear oil the odd times on the way home, is that a common problem and should i be looking for anything.

any help would be greatly appreciate, thank you :)

I'll answer what I can.

2. They can be purchased through just about any local parts store that deals with Cross Canada auto body parts. They are $53 a piece.

3. Not sure on common problems, but I have had a leak in one of my lines that runs to the evaporator which needed to be replaced.

5. I have put on the roof racks from my 97 on my 01 without an issue. I liked them better. I can't comment on any other years but I would imagine there is some interchange.

6. You may be able to get the bush bar to fit, but there will definitely be some custom work involved. You may simply wish to buy an appropriate for our model bush bar.

7. You shouldn't smell gear oil, but perhaps you have a leak somewhere? Are you sure it is gear oil you are smelling?

Cheers

Rim

Im guessing that the brush bar wont fit. My guess is that since the 4runners have frames it is attached to that frame in some fashion. Our trucks are unibody and most aftermarket bumpers attach to the truck where the stock tow points are.

I'll answer what I can.

2. They can be purchased through just about any local parts store that deals with Cross Canada auto body parts. They are $53 a piece.

3. Not sure on common problems, but I have had a leak in one of my lines that runs to the evaporator which needed to be replaced.

5. I have put on the roof racks from my 97 on my 01 without an issue. I liked them better. I can't comment on any other years but I would imagine there is some interchange.

6. You may be able to get the bush bar to fit, but there will definitely be some custom work involved. You may simply wish to buy an appropriate for our model bush bar.

7. You shouldn't smell gear oil, but perhaps you have a leak somewhere? Are you sure it is gear oil you are smelling?

Cheers

Rim

thank you for the info. that's definitely a reasonable price for the bumper parts. going to give them a call sometime this week and order the parts. and it definitely smells like gear oil. i took a couple quick looks underneather and i couldn't see anything leaking.

Im guessing that the brush bar wont fit. My guess is that since the 4runners have frames it is attached to that frame in some fashion. Our trucks are unibody and most aftermarket bumpers attach to the truck where the stock tow points are.

thank you for the tip. yeah is it really worth the time to modify it and then paint.

Welcome!

Where in Ontario are you?

Port Franks, 15 minutes from Grand Bend about 45 minutes north of London.