KN Intake (Air Charger) for 03 Pathy complete!

joehurdler

Finally got around to putting in the KN Aircharger for my 03 Pathy LE. Instructions and images that came with the product were pretty easy and quick to follow. All the parts mount and setup perfectly to everything already under the hood. There is definetely a noticeabe difference in kick when stepping on the gas. Definetely feel myself sinking into the seat a bit more when stomping that gas. The sound/noise is not even noticeable unless you really stomp on the gas. KN claims gains of 10% in horsepower with increased gas mileage as well, so we'll see about that.

There is one key point during the installation to point out. During the installation, it instructs you to disconnect vaccum hoses from both the air box and the intake tube. However on my vehicle, there was ONLY a vaccum hose connected to the airbox and NONE connected to the intake tube. That being said, if your vehicle is like mine and does NOT have that, just ignore the part about the vaccum hose connected to the intake tube.. Also on the part that it says to connect that vaccum hose to the KN intake tube, skip that step as well! However, to avoid having a uncovered hole on the intake tube from the "mystery" vaccum" hose, be sure to go to your local auto parts store to pick up a vaccum plug or intake plug. You will definetley want to plug that hole so no nasty air gets in there. A pack of the plugs costed $1.98 . Here's a pic of the install.

intakeKN.jpg