Diagnosing Fan Clutch

I know the normal things to look for, play in the bearing, wobble, fan not spinning fast when engine is hot, able to stop the blade with pc of cardboard, but how can I really tell if the fan clutch may be bad if I don't have any of those symptoms? I mean the truck runs 1/4 above the cold all the time, reason I'm asking is I am trying to figure out why my AC isn't getting real cold. I am talking to some people on an AC forum I use and they are pointing towards the fan not moving enough air. Today as a test I ran the AC in the driveway while running water over the condenser and the AC temp at the vents was about 14 degrees lower than it normally gets without the water or while driving (40 to 54). Just wondering if even though the fan appears to be running at the right speed maybe it's supposed to be turning faster.

Ac was just charged and expansion valve replaced.

What i had mechanics tell me was, with the engine off, try to grab the fan and turn it with your hand, it should turn without a problem, mine was pretty much stuck,and made a horrible squealing noise as the belts were pulling on stuff, so i got a new one from napa and put it on myself, really easy to do, and now i can turn it with my hand. I can't help you with the a/c though i know nothing about it.

I've replaced them before I will try what you were told tomorrow, the AC I think is not getting cold because the fan may not be moving enough air across the condenser, which I kind of verified by simulating driving and spraying water on the condenser. thanks for your reply, appreciate it.