More Questions.....lol

smoke

As in my profile I have a 97 SE R50.....Just passing 220K and still running strong. Had the toqure converter replaced and tranny was in beautiful shape as the mech. said. Got some 30X9.5 15's AT REVO's on her sittin all nice and pretty. A set of IPF 986's in lower bumper which I'll load pix of...

Anyways....need new bumper as the origional has taken a beating since being in the family. How hard is it to replace the front bumpers and where is a good place to get replacements for cheap? Also I like the look of the SE grilles from 2001 and how open they are, and me being a volly firefighter it would be great for me to have my emergency lights be seen easier than cutting up a new 97 grille to fit them in there. So will a 2001 front end fit on a 97, just curious? ( i kno the headlights are diffrent and would have to be changed...idk just a crazy idea)

I saw a website (http://www.danielsternlighting.com) talking about beefing up headlights and such. Good idea/bad idea. whats your opinions on it. I would like to get more light out of the factory headlights. Dont like the silverstar lights because all they do is a color shift.

Thanx for your time mates.

AFAIK, the bumper should be pretty easy to swap. Was pretty easy to take mine off (99.5), even when I didn't use a Honda Civic to do it. hehehe.. whoops.

My guess is the grille will not fit, at least not without a lot of duct tape or crazy glue. LOL. That said, I do not know how the front of the 96-99's come off... the 99.5+ has a center piece. This should give you an idea:

http://www.nissanpathfinders.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=26517&st=0&p=488677entry488677

As for headlights, my opinion is leave em as they are. But that's my opinion... I know plenty of people who like to upgrade to burn your eyes out bright. Personally, I can't stand passing people who have done that.

AFAIK, the bumper should be pretty easy to swap. Was pretty easy to take mine off (99.5), even when I didn't use a Honda Civic to do it. hehehe.. whoops.

My guess is the grille will not fit, at least not without a lot of duct tape or crazy glue. LOL. That said, I do not know how the front of the 96-99's come off... the 99.5+ has a center piece. This should give you an idea:

http://www.nissanpathfinders.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=26517&st=0&p=488677entry488677

As for headlights, my opinion is leave em as they are. But that's my opinion... I know plenty of people who like to upgrade to burn your eyes out bright. Personally, I can't stand passing people who have done that.

I did see the post about the removal of front grill, haha stupid rice burners...lol .....Im not wanting to blind people. Was going to leave the stock bulb wattage just try to squeez a little more juice out of it. I travle some nice dark country back roads and need the extra lighting....Those mother effing deer are always out especially now its warmer.

Yay for my thread coming back and being useful! The front grille is actually pretty easy to remove, just 2 snaps on either side and one center snap where the hood latch is, take and pinch close those snaps and the grille should pop right out. After that its pretty easy to work on, as to if they fit with the model year difference is not known to me.

If you want really good lighting, you can always get HID conversion kit from ebay, cheap stuff and made in china, lol... 55W/H4/Hi-lo/6000K bulb is all you need. I'm not sure if its legal in your state. I aim the light lower so it doesn't blind the oncoming traffic. Even though the focus of the lights will then be about 20m in front of you (you'll see two bright patches of light on the road), the overall result is still brighter and shines further than a stock halogen setup. Depending on your budget, you can even retrofit the headlight housing with projector setup that goes well with HID and doesn't blind people at all because it has cut off. If you decide to keep to stock halogen bulbs, I've heard good reviews about PIAA bulbs. Its your own preference.

http://www.lightwerkz.net/gallery/main.php?g2_itemId=4386

Edited by dududuckling

Dont want to use HID kits....too much flare spots with out acutally buying the headlights made for them...

heres what i have now. Anyone have anyplaces I can get replacement parts on the cheap?(bumper)

DSC01633.jpg

Well whats so wrong with your bumper now? Its hard to tell with just the dark pic but what exactly is wrong? If its just cosmetic take it off and paint it, or leave it on and paint it. If you are looking for more lighting go with a roof mounted lighting system. I have 4 roof lights on my pathy, 2 500w Flood Lights and 2 550w driving lights. It works pretty well and throws out a ton of light. I would imagine that you could mount your "emergency" lights on a roof bar as well. You could even setup flashers and strobes probably, just as long as you have th right wiring and harness. I know you said you wouldnt like silverstars but you should really try them out, I was skeptical at first also but then I got a set and im now loving the amount of light they throw out, its ALOT brighter than stock Here is a pic of my setup on my roof. Too bad you were not closer you could just have my old bumper since im building a custom steel one this summer oh well. Just check around junkyards and keep your eyes peeled. Also try car-parts.com you can select what part you are looking for off of what year and it will list local jy's in your area that have the part you are looking for and the distance and price :aok:

100_1338.jpg

100_1033.jpg

100_0997.jpg

100_0998.jpg

Edited by 01silvapathy

Yea, dark pix it was taken around 01:30hrs NC time.... well i have hit 2 deer and the plastic is all bent to hell in places plus being deformed...Wanting to make it look newer again and get rid of the chrome parts. My FD does not allow roof (trust me I would...hehe) mounted RED lights or any lights that are used in a response to a scene only interior and grill lights. So I cant argue with them. Lights up top are in the works after I get my roof rack made.(no money right now)....I have had silverstar's in the truck and the blow out after a few months...there getting tierd of me returning the burnt out lights. I may just relay the head lights with larger gauge wires...