Front suspension lift

snosnk

Back again, I have had the lift on w/spacer for about 5 days now. The front lift is great the truck handles well and the brakes are much more aggresive now (no front end lurch). Thanks to Nick1716, XPOLRx4, and SNOSNK...I have seen the error of my install. If you look back at my strut tower pic you will see the underlying issue that I had with my spacers...the bolts!!!

After my install my front end made crunching/clicking noises alsong with a large "Thong" sound...not like Sisqo. :huh: The sound was unnerving, and even scary to some bystanders!!! :hide: After looking up at the suspension while jacked up and talking to the expert resources here at NPORA...I was given a couple leads...Strut tower top mount, strut tower bearing (little grey plastic piece), and of course maybe the idea that I might have over-tightened the whole assembly (90 ft lbs....well, it is too much when the manual says up to 39 ft lbs)..........the real culprit was the bolts. They were waaaayyyy to long and gouged out the stamped steel strut/spring topper McBob. SNOSK was right about the 2 inch bolts they are plenty just tighten down good.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Lesson Learned<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

2.5" = destructive P...

2.25"= not good :o

2.0" = just right!!! ;)

Incidentally, Nissan Mart.com is the best for the strut tower bearing that will be arriving and still will be installed...They are made by KYB and are 12.39 each

the stealership wanted $67.10 for part number #54325...here is a link

KYB Bearing

Thanks all for your help and pleas feel free to PM (even to tell me how dumb i was)with any questions or if you want the 3/4" or 1" steel spacers