Drivetrain Oils?

Kyle94

TSB stands for Technical Service Bulletin and this is in the TSB section at the top of the Garage section.

http://www.nissanpathfinders.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=2621

Liters to quarts and pints, you mean?? 2 pints=1quart while 1 quart=.95 liters as Simon pointed out. Since you fill the drive train until it runs out of the fill hole, you really just have to make sure you have enough. If you are just shy of what you need and don't want to buy another quart, top it off with Lucal Oil Stabilizer, it will only do good thing...

B

Well, I bought two gallons of Sta-Lube from napa. It's GL-4! And lower. So all good to go to put the transmission back together.

Well, I bought two gallons of Sta-Lube from napa. It's GL-4! And lower. So all good to go to put the transmission back together.

Yeah got my transmission in now and its so quiet!! so glad!! :)

the big problem of GL4 and GL5 is the addatives.

alot of the GL 5 oils have phosphorus anti whear properties.. this is BAD news for soft metals.

I use GL 6 in my tranny. and YES its OK.. it does not have the adatives that make things go all bad on ya.

(it works out to be SAE 150 )

I also use 80/90 in my T- case.. NO worries there. Don't put ATF in those things, they only did this on some of them. there is no reason to. If you stay with Dino oil, use pensoil Syncromesh. and put the same thing in your t-case.

and unless your me, use 80/90in your diffs.

I use 85/140 in my diffs, but thats a whole nother can of worms. (aftermarket diffs)

the big problem of GL4 and GL5 is the addatives.

alot of the GL 5 oils have phosphorus anti whear properties.. this is BAD news for soft metals.

I use GL 6 in my tranny. and YES its OK.. it does not have the adatives that make things go all bad on ya.

(it works out to be SAE 150 )

I also use 80/90 in my T- case.. NO worries there. Don't put ATF in those things, they only did this on some of them. there is no reason to. If you stay with Dino oil, use pensoil Syncromesh. and put the same thing in your t-case.

and unless your me, use 80/90in your diffs.

I use 85/140 in my diffs, but thats a whole nother can of worms. (aftermarket diffs)

Awww dammit, wish some one wouldve told me sooner, i allready put ATF in my transfer case.... Oh well hope it doesn't cause problems....;)