Small Vibrations In The Steering

Timmons

I had the 2" AC lift installed mounted on 265/70R/17s BFG AT's KO's which I noticed that I get vibrations in the steering of the vehicle that are not related to wheel balance but more like the lift kit or tire size. Understanding that the vehicle now drives like a truck and not your mothers station wagon, is there some dampening that can be installed to lessen the noise through the steering? Only noticed this when going from stock to lift. Also, have any of you used straps to counter act the topping off of the strut when going over speed bumps?

Thanks,

Timmons

I'm actually working on a brace for the steering rack as we speak. I hope to have a "prototype" out very soon to try on my own. I believe it is because of the steering rack moving in the bushings. And with bigger tires, new bushings won't hold it in place (for me anyway!).

Also, have any of you used straps to counter act the topping off of the strut when going over speed bumps?

A member who used to come here, Alex (nissandoms47) had straps on his R50. Go to a local 4x4 shop and they can help you further.

I'm actually working on a brace for the steering rack as we speak. I hope to have a "prototype" out very soon to try on my own. I believe it is because of the steering rack moving in the bushings. And with bigger tires, new bushings won't hold it in place (for me anyway!).

This would be awesome. I've replaced my bushings like 3 times (mainly because the oil deteriating it, and I get used ones - doh!). It would be nice for me to be able to steer correctly (and nbot have to tun the wheel a 1/4 turn before my wheels even think about turning). Keep us posted!

Jose

A member who used to come here, Alex (nissandoms47) had straps on his R50. Go to a local 4x4 shop and they can help you further.

This would be awesome. I've replaced my bushings like 3 times (mainly because the oil deteriating it, and I get used ones - doh!). It would be nice for me to be able to steer correctly (and nbot have to tun the wheel a 1/4 turn before my wheels even think about turning). Keep us posted!

Jose

That would be great!! I'll try replacing the bushings with the polyurethane ones to see if it will help since mine are stock and never been replaced. Nice to see a fix that will help clean up the steering.

Thanks for the recommendation on the straps, I'll check it out at our local "JEEP 4x4 shop LOL" since that's all we have here in El Paso.