0W-40 Instead Of 5W-30

Hello guys

I don't live in US and in my area I could not find fully synthetic 5w-30 oil.

I've found this oil instead

http://www.aral-lubricants.com/lubricants/com/automotive_lubricants/our_products/supertronic_0w-40.html

That is fully synthetic and conforms to API SM.

Do you think it's ok for my VQ35DE? My mileage is 57k miles.

is 10w30 available in your area? I think that would be a much better option.

2nd.

can't find 5w30? insane. that's pretty much the standard for most vehicles on the road today.

2nd.

can't find 5w30? insane. that's pretty much the standard for most vehicles on the road today.

I could not find fully synthetic 5w-30. OEM 5w-30 mineral and synthetic blend 5w-30-s are available here.

If there was Mobil 1 fully synthetic 5w-30 I would buy it immediately but it's not.

BTW I read on some forum that Mobil1 0w-40 is really good for VQ35DE

gotcha. if i were you. i'd get 10w30, if anything.

IMO, i would pass on Mobil 1. not a personal fan after seeing a bunch of oil analysis done on several different products and Mobil 1 was really no better than dino oil or a synthetic blend (this is considering some harder driving, as it was done on cars that were being tracked a handful of times a year and driven pretty aggressively). if you could find some wal-mart supertech full syn oil, i'd get that. it actually works quite well, especially considering it's quite cheap.

if you're trying to get top notch full syn, obviously royal purple, amsoil, etc. would be your best options.

i used to run dino oil in my WD21 when i still had it and it worked great. on another note, you should also get a good filter. best filter i've used, by far, is the Purolator PureONE filters. they're pretty awesome. personally, i would suggest against the OE filters as they are made by Honeywell, IIRC, and are pretty much the same as FRAM filters, which aren't that great. i used to run OE filters all the time, but found out who made them and decided to pass and switched to the Purolator religiously.

napa gold oil filters are supposed to be good too but when I put one on my sentra it ticked like crazy at start up, replaced it with a factory filter and no more ticking.

even if the anti-drain back valve was faulty, it shouldn't cause a tick though. unless the filter didn't have a bypass valve either. most filters should have a bypass valve as well to prevent oil starvation, in case the filter element gets clogged up or what not.

I run BG Hi-Lo 0W30. Been happy with it, and know a good number of people using it. Not knowing anything specific about the oil you posted, I guess if you really want fully synthetic and can't find anything else, it shouldn't be problem.

What you should keep in mind is the climate you are expecting it to perform in. As a general rule, and there is a lot more detail about this in other posts, the protection received when starting an engine, the lower the first number, the better the cold performance (hence W for Winter). The higher the second number, the better heat performance. I’m sure someone has more to say about it…I’m not an expert.

And yes, I use “cold weather” oil in AZ, not because of a super low temp thing, as it protects as a 30 weight oil in the heat. I feel this is darn good oil and it can be run for 15K miles.

My $.02.