glasspacks? muffler?

DSM_guy

well, i found a good shop with cheap prices to get my exhaust done...well my muffler and tailpipe anyways. my stock muffler is shot as well as my tail pipe, and both are in need of repair before i get her inspected next month. i wanted something pretty cheap, yet sounded good and had some gains in power. so its basically come down to this. he has some generic turbo mufflers for 40-45...or glasspacks for the same price...with 35 for the tailpipe. he said the glasspacks would give the tone a lower/throatier sound then if i went with a simple muffler. so which is my best choice? anyone have glasspacks on their Pathfinder or ever heard one with em? v6's are kinda hard to make sound good when it comes to aftermarket stuff. i dont want some ricey buzz buzz, and i dont want it abnoxiously loud...and iv seen alot of modded v6's that fall into these catagories. i had a buddy with a chevy v6 and a single glass pack...and it sounded like total A$$. im really liking my holey muffler for the sound...but the state wont go for that. let me know what you think!

yeah, iv almost thought about going to oreileys and picking up a turbo muffler. my friend bought one for 16 bux. its a little quieter than i like...but i guess it will do. they also have some pretty cheap glass packs, but by no means do i want the car to become obnoxious, so ill just go with a muffler i guess. he said it would be 50 bux for the tailpipe and installation if i brought in my own muffler. i would end up doing the muffler install myself..but under texas law i must have a functioning exhaust pipe exiting the body either from the back or side of the car. so that means no dumping. and my tail pipe is shot ...and like i said...thats 35 bux, so might as well pay someone to weld everything in right. thanks for the help guys!

Hey DSM_guy. O have a 'Magnaflow' muffler on mine, and think its great. It is fairly mellow, but you can definitely hear a growl if you step on it. Stainless is nice also... Not too expensive either, I can dig up the reciept if you like.

Bernard

thanks to everyone, i just went to autozone and bought a turbo muffler. at this point i just need something cheap. when i have money some time, ill get everything i want done, but for now, i gotta pass inspection lol