New People Start Here!

entati

Hi everyone. I'm a proud owner of a 1997 Nissan Pathfinder LE, that I just got yesterday. It's Maroon and it's stock.

I joined today to ask a few questions about the rims that came with it. They are the OEM spoke ones. I think they call them 24 spokes.

Well, I was just wondering how good these actually are? If I was to put some bigger wheels on, Would it be better to get steel rims?

Really, I'm just wondering if I should keep the rims or buy new ones?

I'm on the hunt for some skid plates first but after that I'm going for tires, and probably rims.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Some help on finding skid plates in Canada would be nice.

Thanks

Edited by entati

I think fleurys (member here) is in Canada and makes r50 skids... Shoot a pm to him, couple people proved them good iirc. As for wheels, that's a debate all it's own. Personal taste usually influences opinions there as not everyone is gonna agree on the same thing (like auto/5 speed preference) and welcome to NPORA!

Thanks. Will send a message.

I figured the tires would pose a debate.

Only reason I like the Auto is the extra 2000lbs or so of pull.

Welcome to NPORA!!

Steve (fleurys) is definitely the guy to talk to aboot skid plates so Nunya steered you right.

As for rims, something in a 13 diameter, 10" wide should look good... ;)

BTW, auto tranny vehicles don't have more towing capacity. The manufacturers simply say that because most people can't deal with a clutch when towing.

B

Welcome to NPORA!!

Steve (fleurys) is definitely the guy to talk to aboot skid plates so Nunya steered you right.

As for rims, something in a 13 diameter, 10" wide should look good... ;)

BTW, auto tranny vehicles don't have more towing capacity. The manufacturers simply say that because most people can't deal with a clutch when towing.

B

I was wondering about that towing thing. Makes sense too. Thanks.

13"d 10"w - lol :P

Welcome to NPORA!!

Check the classified section for skids too, a couple people have been selling theirs off.

I ended up buying steel wheels, as the tires I got when I upgraded were too big & wide, and would hit the strut mount in the front if I mounted them on the stock wheels.

Welcome to the forums.

Theres acouple others on here from Thunder Bay as well. As I mentioned to them, I've been thru that area quite a few times myself while driving to and from BC/AB and Ont. I like it up there. But I think the best part of Thunder Bay I've seen was at Solid Gold. :popcorn:

As for the forums, you wont find a more comprehensive place for Pathfinders in the World. This place is the place to be for Pathfinders. One of the best things about this place is if you can think it, it's already been talked about on here. The Search function is gonna be your gold card to answers. Its not the best search engine for a forums, but if you can be patient and learn to use it properly you're gonna find 99% of what you're looking for.

Another thing you can do is look in the members ride area. See what some other people have done with their rigs and what they are using. Fleury's Rig is about quality if you check out his rig. He's in the process of putting together a new full bottom skid right now as well.

Congratulations on finding us.

Welcome to the forums.

Thanks!!

I'll have a good look at the search function.

I'm working way up north in the bush this summer. It's going to be my life line. I just need a reliable vehicle that can get into some hairy spots.