Check Engine Light On And Speedo

ohcamera

My 1995 pathy has check engine light always ON and I get error code is 14 which means the spead sensor. But bacially the speed meter reading is correct. When start the car, speedo reading is zero. And when drive out I feel the speed reading is a little bit higher the I feel it was.

I don't know how to check the speed sener harness and ECM computer connetion.

Thanks for any reply.

Check the wiring to make sure nothing is pinched or messed up. And check the connection to make sure there isn't any dirt/grease/children/animals stuck in the connector. There should be a rubber like boot on it.

Other than that I dunno. Maybe your sensor is going out? But i'd check the wiring first since it's cheaper and easier.

Check the wiring to make sure nothing is pinched or messed up. And check the connection to make sure there isn't any dirt/grease/children/animals stuck in the connector. There should be a rubber like boot on it.

Other than that I dunno. Maybe your sensor is going out? But i'd check the wiring first since it's cheaper and easier.

Thanks Toby.

I do not know where connector is and how to check there isn't any dirt/grease/children/animals ...

Could you give me a bit more detail? Or do you have any diagram?

I can't say for sure where the sensor is if you have an automatic.

I have a 5-speed manual and it's at the back passenger side of the Transfer case. It's a plug that just sticks out and has a wire running from it. If you have a 5-speed follow that wire until you get to the connector which should have like a boot on it.

As for automatic transmission I can't be 100% on it though

I can't say for sure where the sensor is if you have an automatic.

I have a 5-speed manual and it's at the back passenger side of the Transfer case. It's a plug that just sticks out and has a wire running from it. If you have a 5-speed follow that wire until you get to the connector which should have like a boot on it.

As for automatic transmission I can't be 100% on it though

Thanks Toby!

Yes, I found it just under the passenger side. I will clean the contactor first.

Edited by ohcamera

I did clean the speed sensor contacor under passenger site but check engine light is still ON.

And found the odor meter actually does not work totally.

But speed reading sound OK.

Can anyone tell me the possible reason about that?

Thanks!