What Is A Platinum R50

dhardison

Two years ago when my nephew turned 16 his grandmother, not my mother, bought him a vehicle for his birthday. He picked out what I guess was about a three year old Pathfinder that was black with black leather. The only time I sit in it back then it looked like it had every option you could get. We don't live in the same state and I see him even less now because he's a freshman at Ole Miss and away at school. I did make a mental note the only time I saw it that it had a VQ and I thought that was probably a good thing.

The thing that has always puzzled me was it had a platinum edition badge on the fender or drivers door but only on the drivers side. So I have a few questions for the R50 people.

1. Was there an really a platinum edition?

2. Is it supposed to have a badge on each side and the passenger side is missing?

3. Was this just a marketing ploy to load up a Pathfinder with options and sell off the last of the R50s before the model change?

I would ask him but he's car clueless and if it's just some dealer add on fake thing I don't want to embarrass him. I've seen some red 99 Maximas with a platinum badge but never another Pathfinder platinum except his.

Yep that's it I remember the back-lit gauges and the kick plates. I like to think I'm responsible for him choosing a Nissan. All those Christmases and Thanksgivings I showed up at grandma's driving a shiny new Max or Z-ZX while he was growing up.

Yep that's it I remember the back-lit gauges and the kick plates. I like to think I'm responsible for him choosing a Nissan. All those Christmases and Thanksgivings I showed up at grandma's driving a shiny new Max or Z-ZX while he was growing up.

Ooooh pretty gauges, I wonder if I could get a part number for the cluster to fit to my 03'