Uti

Toby

I've been looking at this school for some time. I toured it back in 2006. But I was being "unique" and all that crap. Meaning I wasn't willing to grow up and be a productive member of society. Needless to say my female companion lives near a UTI school and I've been looking back into it. That way I can be closer to her and do something with my life.

The school seems legit. From the tour I took (i plan on taking another tour), I just think it's the right move. I'm not the kind of person who can sit in a regular class room all day. I can't decide on a "real" career. So UTI seems like a good option. Plus I like cars and want to get into performance modification at some point.

But looking around I have heard alot of good. And I've been hearing some bad. So I was trying to get what everyone's impressions were of it. I don't think anyone here went there, but maybe someone here knows someone who did or something like that. Who knows. Just curious.

I graduated from the Houston campus in 1988. It was a good school then and I'm sure it's better now. They do help you with job placement after you graduate but its nothing more than just calling around your local area which you could do yourself. The only bad thing I noticed was they don't mind taking your money. If someone flunks a phase they take it again for free. If they flunk it again they can take it again but they have to pay for that phase again. The third time should be the limit but they will let them keep taking it, as long as they are paying for it, until they finally pass and then there is an idiot out in the work force with UTI's name backing them. I have seen some idiots go through the course that would try to get a square peg in a round hole all day and then try again the next day. It still is a well recognized name and a good school. Also any time I feel like it I can go take the entire course or one phase at a time again for free.

James

I graduated from the Houston campus in 1988. It was a good school then and I'm sure it's better now. They do help you with job placement after you graduate but its nothing more than just calling around your local area which you could do yourself. The only bad thing I noticed was they don't mind taking your money. If someone flunks a phase they take it again for free. If they flunk it again they can take it again but they have to pay for that phase again. The third time should be the limit but they will let them keep taking it, as long as they are paying for it, until they finally pass and then there is an idiot out in the work force with UTI's name backing them. I have seen some idiots go through the course that would try to get a square peg in a round hole all day and then try again the next day. It still is a well recognized name and a good school. Also any time I feel like it I can go take the entire course or one phase at a time again for free.

James

Alright it's good to see someone here who has gone.

I have been reading alot about how there is an unusually high percentage of idiots. But I've read alot that most dealerships don't even consider UTI graduates. I'm just really worried that I'll go and it won't matter to any dealership. I am hoping to call dealers around here and see what they think. But if you fail a phase you can take the phase again for free? That's pretty cool. Just really kinda trying to get my life back together and do something useful with it. After working for the State of MD and realizing how poorly run most hospitals are now. I just want to try something with cars and see how it goes.

As for the campus, I'd probably attend the Exton, PA campus. It's the closest and my lady friend goes to school near there.