New Guy From Canada

Hey folks

Just got my first pathfinder yesterday. Its a 93 4x4 Auto V6

I bought it from my fathers girlfriend and although its still not road worthy I am very excitied to get working on it and have my self a great truck for wheelin'

Im a motorcycle shop owner and motorcyle mechanic but have been wrenching on cars and trucks all my life as well.

great lookin site you have here

Hey HD, congrats on the new pathy!!

There are a few bugs to be addressed, but other than that, you have a reliable truck at hand. Sounds like you can take care of the small stuff yourself which is always a plus. ;)

B

Welcome to the neighbourhood!

Great site with more information then you have time to absorb. What part of Ontario are you in. Quite a few of us from Ontario here.

Thanks

If you could point me into the direction of these said bugs that need to be worked out I would really appreciate it.

I was hoping after 300,000km they would have all been worked out lol.

it run, and runs good. the timing belt and tensioner is fairly new as is the water pump.

I know it needs fuel lines, I already have the new high pressure rubber line to go on it.

The hood does not stay down so its going to need a set of hood pins as well as some minor body work.

Ok, here are some bugs for you...

Frame rust, you may want to take a good look at yours, ecpecially near the rear wheels.

The stock tranny cooler can clog, starving and frying the tranny. Bypass the stock cooler and run an aftermarket unit and perhaps install a temp gauge like I did.

Hook up the head lights with a relay, not direct wired like stock, they will be far brighter.

The strut rod (lower control arm to frame item) bushings 'fail' and round out the through hole, often looking good visually until you disassemble it.

If your collector flange (directly under the drivers feet) leaks it can burn a hole through the floor and or set the truck on fire.

The exhaust studs are inferior and tend to break.

That's about all I can think of right now. Good that you are keeping track of the timing belt...

B

wow thats great, I'll be sure to check it out,

Its got some rust under there but nothing that can't be easily fixed. I plan on doing a 3" body lift this summer and will address any frame rot and and rust issues then. I had to rebuild the frame on my s-10 before so its not that big of an issue providing there is enough metal there to work with. I have to build a set of bumpers, brush guards and roof racks for it anyway so i'll have the welder and metal ready to go.

the big issue right now is the fuel line leaking... hopefully its just the line and I dont have to rebuild the sending unit. Cheap easy fixes are always nice, but I have rebuild sending units before as well so Im ready for that to.

the truck has never been off-road before so i'll have to check it out good before I start wheelin'

First welcome. Second, how do you mean the hood don't stay shut? Does it catch the latch at all? Are the rubber stops on the rad. support up too high maby or the release cable stuk in the release position at the latch?

Yeah Niagara ontario. Ridgeway to be exact... (Crystal Beach/ Fort Erie area)

but until I get it on the road the truck is stuck in Toronto at my families house.

I gotta drop the tank to fix the fuel leak that it has when running. (should be simple enough)

From what I heard, Canadian tire mechanics broke the hood latch and hood when they jammed a tool in there when closing the hood and snapped the cable to pop the hood, they forced it open damaging the hood and latch, So the owner took the truck away with a busted hood latch and still a fuel leak. That was over a year ago. The truck has been sitting since then. However it did start right up.

Hood pins are just a simple and cheap permanent solution.

im still snowed in and so is the truck, so as soon as I can ride up on my bike, I'll fix it and drive it back. Should only be a few weeks now.

I cant go wrong for the price... Ive never turned away a FREE anything. The truck was basically given to me so if I need to drop a few bucks into it no big deal.

HAHAHA. Man. Thats where I'm from. My Father was the Owner of E&A Electronics on Dominion Road which is now Movie Madness incase you're fairly young and don't know of it. WOW. Never thought I'd see the day that a Fellow Ridgeway guy would log in here. That's just insane. I still head down that way every month or so to visit Family. If I ever get my vehicle up and running again, we'll have to meet up and go for a romp somewhere.

Wow..... Ridgeway. Can't believe there's another member from there.

well you're gonna love this then...

I own the shop right next door on Dominion.

My bike shop is in the big yellow shop out back and store lil front in the yellow house beside right beside Movie Madness.

how about a picture of the twio places.

feel free to stop by anytime... hopefully I will have the truck here by then and working on it.

IMG_1058.jpg

Edited by hardlydangerous

I gotta drop the tank to fix the fuel leak that it has when running. (should be simple enough)

Was just making sure it wasn't something simple befor you went and put pins in without it being necessary. And so you know, you might not have to drop the tank, there is an access panel under the rear carpet to get to the top of the float assembly :aok:

*wipes tears from eyes*

Wow.... That's so crazy. Just looking at the Old shop in the background floods in a ton of memories. You've been there quite a few years now If I remember correctly. About 9-10 years? I've always been curious about stopping in your place but never had the spare coin and didn't want to come across as a window shopper. I'll definitely have to pop in there some time in the future.

And as for the Fuel lines, ya man... Nissan was brilliant and made an access hole in the cargo area. Keep us updated.