Question On 99.5 Pathfinder

mderick

Hi All:

I know this is most likely a very stupid question, but I have looked around and can not find a definitive answer.

Can someone tell me what defines a 99.5 pathfinder? what are some of the differences?

thanks so much in advance

mderick

Just to start:

Revised body panels, fascia, and rear taillights, upgraded interior with better materials, upgraded engine from the VG33 to the VQ35 with butterfly valve issues, LE wheels (the huge sexy ones), and probably some more options.

Edited by Kingman

Just to start:

Revised body panels, fascia, and rear taillights, upgraded interior with better materials, upgraded engine from the VG33 to the VQ45 with butterfly valve issues, LE wheels (the huge sexy ones), and probably some more options.

Mostly true. The engine didn't change until 2001 or 2002. It was all asthetics that changed. Also, I wish a pathy had a VQ45! The VQ35 just seems to lack in comparison!! :lol:

Jose

I have a 99.5... When I bought mine, I thought it was a 99 (as it was listed in all the paperwork). As Kingman mentioned, the most obvious changes are the newer body panels (fenders are slightly revised, the front grille/headlights are the most obvious change, and the tailgate is reshaped a bit too.). Other changes include larger brake calipers in the front, and the shock mounts in the back have moved. I usually ask for parts for a 2000 to be sure.

The manufacture year is listed as Feb 2000 on the door jamb sticker.

• 4 years later...

Mine too is a 99.5, manufacture date is listed as May 99 on the door sill sticker. I still have not found any evidence of the model of my PF. The ID tag inside the engine bay reads under colour. trim: JVO K

But I have not found a decoder for that or any of the other info except for the VIN, which doesn't say the model.

Correct on the body and interior facelift, but as someone else said, the 3.5 didn't join the party until 2001.

S4- Judging from all the pics I've seen of yours it looks to be an XE as it doesn't have the fender flares or fog lights and it does have the xe wheels.