High/low Beam Question On My Pathfinder

raypeg

Bought a HiD for my pathfinder today, cheap one.

I know it's H4 for the headlight, so it's better to be a bi- XENON, so the low beam and high beam could both work. But for the HID i bought, it only comes with one position beam. After the install,HID only works when I turn the head light position to high beam. I am ok with only one beam working ,cause the hid is bright enough. My question is, is there any possible I can turn the headlight to low beam Position, and HID still works?

Thanks for the help, and for you guys who want to buy a HID, spend a little more ,go get a BI-XENON HID set.

Edited by raypeg

i have a signle beam on for the ones in my 92 pathfinder but i think my bulb is a 9004 size. what year is yours? I think you clipped the positive into the wrong spot on the wire harness you bought. I know on mine the plush ad 3 pin holes where the original bulb (high and low) went and clipped onto. I turned my headlights lights on with no bulb took a test light and found which one was the high beam wire, low beam wire, and the ground. I then took the clip that goes into it and put the positive into the spot that connects to the positive wire for the low beam and the ground into the spot that connects to the ground on the factory clip. I think you accidently wired it for the high beam thats a easy mistake. But this idea works for a 86-95 models idk how the other models work. I wouldnt keep it as your high beam that will be extremely bright for people coming at you even more then they normally are so try and get it into the low beam.

I put a bixenon in my z and i am glad i did makes a difference when out on the highway when u really want bright lights

Edited by edicer2

My pathfinder is 01, so it' h4.

2wdvkzq.jpg

the solution is actually quite easy, the harness goes like this way, so just simplely plug those wires in to low and nagative, done

thanks for the help.

Edited by raypeg