Anyone have a rear swaybar and associated HW they don't need or want?

ascdesigns

I've posted this in the Parts-for-Sale, but I think that not everyone looks there very often so forgive me for posting it here as well. I'd like to get a rear swaybar setup for my 1998 R50 since almost 100% of my driving is on road and my 4-wheeling is very limited. Apparently when I bought this used (two previous owners), the rear sway was missing. There are mounting holes on the chassis for the links and the bushing mounts.

Does anyone have their old rear swaybar, links and bushings available? If so, please PM me and let me know how much. My zip is 80211 (Denver).

Thanks!

Al

Edited by ascdesigns

You know, I have to agree. I drove a buddies pathy that had no rear sway bar, and it made no difference at all to me. You really can't notice it. Can't say if it flexes any different as I haven't tried that with his, but it's probably better not to worry about it. You could always go to the junkers and see if it's there. (Cash for clunkers killed a lot of pathy's).

But what is the reason for you wanting the sway bar anyway? Is your pathy swaying on the road or something? You might want to check your rear control arm bushings just in case.

jose

Thanks all. I do carry some heavier loads on highway speeds and notice that the truck leans a bit more than it should every now and then. I do have new bushings in all rear control arms, new shocks and struts, new lower balljoints on the front lower control arm and 30x9.5 BFG AT's in good shape. Every little bit can help a bit and a rear swaybar may just help that little bit. Not a racer, just looking for a bit more stability.

- Al