I have no Check Engine light

Ramon

Hi I was wandering is this is normal or not I have a USA 1990 model VG30E and each time I turn on the ingnition @!*%ch no check engine light come on. So I think may be is because the bulb was blown this since I got my truck 2.5 years ago

Now while cleaning the dash I found time to remove all and see if I can replace the tiny bulb (I have extra from yunk yard) and my surprice was there was no bulb there

I beielved that the previus owner remove it, and I place a new one but this is what I found

The ligth is red instead of yellow

there is no check ligth in my dash panel or engine drawing on it, still the light come on when I open the switch and I letf the bulb there just in case but never goes on when running but is goes on when I open the switch (guess is because here is no problem)

the weird think is this check engine light is normal ? or this model does not have check engine light?( on the gauges panel) the the ECU diagnosis shows all OK

here is the picture of my dash

4259980277_409c18ab6d_o.jpg

only red light come on strange or is just the normal in this model?

Also is there any connector under somewhere to chek the engine with monitor? or just with the ECU ligths?

thank for your comments and help

Edited by Ramon

I don't know why but some models just didn't have the light. Even the white letter HB cards I used for my guages didn't even have any spot for the light so I cut and pasted my on engine symbol in its place.

Edited by MY1PATH