Old Man EMU Springs in stalled.

Trialsin26

I had my new rear Old Man Emu Springs and Pro Comp Shocks Installed last week and man the ride is 100% better. The springs are alot stiffer and even with 3 people in the back seat it does not bottom out. It also sits about 1 inch to 1.5 inches higher then stock so now there is now more sagging in the rear. Cost wasn't too bad. Springs were 69.00 each (138.00), shock were about 37.00 each (74.00) and installation at my local four wheel shop was 3 12packs (30.00) -alcohol- . So the total was about 242.00. Not to bad for a much better ride and a little lift.

More Pictures At: (See Before and After Picture Here)My Pathfinder Pictures

DSCF0031-copy.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

dupersc, there just the regular pro comp explore shocks, and they suck. The only reason there on there is to hold me over until I get my EMU shocks. The shop I order the EMU shocks from gave me these until they come in, but it’s been 20 days and counting? I think I'm going to replace the pro comp with my factory shocks tomorrow b/c these are making to much noise. Hopefully the factory ones won't top out on regular road rides?

It took a while for my EMU stuff to arrive - ordered thru Rocky Road in Utah (see my website for links). They told me it may take 30 days, but it came in a bit sooner. I have the Emu coils and shocks on my 97, and are VERY happy with them. I hope the matching shocks resolve your problems.

m.

Well, I took those over sized ProComp shocks off the other day and replaced them with my factory shock, until (if ever) my old man emu shocks come in. This think is turning into a mess. If there is one think I learned, is if you want something done right to do it your self. The shop that put my springs and shocks in stripped/cross treaded my lower shock bolt driver side which in welded to the rear axle. Now I can't tighten the nut back on all they way with out it slipping. So I'm going to have to go to Nissan and pay $$$$$$$$ to get a new bolt welded on. At least one good thing, there are no more popping noises. I'll keep you all updated. :hide: