Steering Rack Wobble/noise

new4x4r

You wouldn't even be able to climb into *Pepsi*, Steve! He's too tall! hahahhaha

Anywho, Tire play.... GONE!! didn't need to rent/buy any special tools. Took me about a half hour each side... All the wobble noise is gone and it rides much smoother now without sounding like somethings going to vibrate off when I go over little bumps. I didn't end up doing the bearings, they were actually in good shape considering "The Driver" X-D

You wouldn't even be able to climb into *Pepsi*, Steve! He's too tall! hahahhaha

Anywho, Tire play.... GONE!! didn't need to rent/buy any special tools. Took me about a half hour each side... All the wobble noise is gone and it rides much smoother now without sounding like somethings going to vibrate off when I go over little bumps. I didn't end up doing the bearings, they were actually in good shape considering "The Driver" X-D

Which parts company did you go with ? Nissan, Moog, ???

Just the "Made in Taiwan", Moog Knock-offs hahaha I couldn't find any "beefier" parts, and I'm going away this weekend. So I just put the regular dealies on... if they let go again, I'll take the 45 mins out of my day and replace them with better ones. At least now I know what the problem was.

WOW lolI have been having this exact same problem!!! I had kind of decided it was my tie rod ends and was going to install new ones while i had everything apart for my lift, but you guys say its the inner tie rod??

Let me know how you other guys' turn out!!

Just do inner and outer all at the same time. What I did, was take the wheel off, turn the steering wheel all the way to the Pass. or Driver side, which-ever you're working on. Take the Tie Rod end off of the knuckle, then remove the steering dust boot from the steering rack, Use a large set of channel locks or adjustable wrench (or the correct size wrench if you have it) take the inner tie rod off with the outer attached, use a piece of masking take on a flat surface to make sure your new stuff goes back together the same way as the old stuff came off, and re-install. Simple!

Just do inner and outer all at the same time. What I did, was take the wheel off, turn the steering wheel all the way to the Pass. or Driver side, which-ever you're working on. Take the Tie Rod end off of the knuckle, then remove the steering dust boot from the steering rack, Use a large set of channel locks or adjustable wrench (or the correct size wrench if you have it) take the inner tie rod off with the outer attached, use a piece of masking take on a flat surface to make sure your new stuff goes back together the same way as the old stuff came off, and re-install. Simple!

Glad you got rid of the wobble!

I tried channel locks on my mine (inner tie rod) but it wouldn't budge, even with a ~20 inch breaker is was tight!

Your replacing everything makes me want to do the same, I still have a little wobble sometimes so maybe it's the other inner or the outers and not my oil soaked steering rack bushings.