Help: Need Suggestions for exhaust system

Guest Slithering_Joe

Guest Slithering_Joe

I'm looking for a stainless steel cat-back (after catalytic to tailpipe end) exhaust system for my 1996 Pathfinder. Can anyone out there suggest a kit to replace the rusted out one I have now.

What brand? OEM, Borla, Magnaflow, Walker, etc.

Who has the cheapest price?

What should I expect to pay?

An information would be great.

Thanks.

Hey Slithering Joe. I have a magna flow from the cat back on my 95XE, and it seems fine with a nice muted growl sound. The previous owner has a receipt "flow muffler, tail pipe, tip" with labor for $200. Then there is another for the pipes from the exhaust manifolds through the Y until the resignator(?) for $300. My cat looks ready to crumble, and when it does, I will install a high flow cat, and Thorly(?) headers with some aftermarket intake. That should put me in the 170+HP range B) Good luck.

Bernard

You could have a custom made cat-back exhaust to the rear of the truck with a Flowmaster for maybe $200-250 MAX out the door (at least locally here in WA). The trick is to go to a smaller shop because the bigger ones (Midas, Meineke, etc.) will try to sell you on $400 of stuff you don't need. A decent Flowmaster muffler should retail in a shop for $60-80 (you can find them online for $40-50), plus the hour it takes for someone who knows what they're doing to set up the system and weld it. I watched a guy do my old car in maybe and hour.