Very Hard Weekend

pathyhaze

hi guys, I would like to ask your opinion about two things

1- I had to drive in some 40 cm water with a constant rpm( in other occasion it was much higher) anyway the engine stopped, tried to turn on few times but wont work, i waited like 1 or 2 minuts, then it started and i could get out of that area and parked the car, everythin seems ok but some weird noise and the engine was like (shivering) anyway 5000 rpm while parked made some white smoke ( i guess water vapour ?) and then continued my trip, next day i eveyrthin is fine and checked liquids, changed oil (had to ,it was time) but this noise still comin and iv noticed that below 1000 rpm no sound, 1500 to 2500 very clear , over 2500 less but maybe because normal engin sound came louder and covered that sound. so what u think guys?

2-i v changed my 15's stock rims & tires and got 16's instead (nissan 2003 patrol tires i love them) and i v noticed speedometer isnot accurate anymore, what can id o for this and do u agree/disagree about this new tires for a daily usage (inside the city) ? i did have the time to check them well ( installed 2 hours ago :D ) car is more stable this is sure and i will check about comsumption later

thanks guys and i m realy worried about the sound comming from engine and unfortunatly no one here is qualified enough (mechanics here does not know anythin about diagnosis :P only throwin parts and asking for new ones)

Hi Pathyhaze

Welcome to the forum.

1. Souds like you have water in one of the bearings. Alternator, water pump or idler/tensioner pulley. Will need a stethascope to find where the noise is coming from.

2. What size tyres did you have before the Patrol tyres and what size are they now? Patrol tyres should make your speedo more accurate as the Pathy speedo is out from std.

Nick

Hi Pathyhaze

Welcome to the forum.

1. Souds like you have water in one of the bearings. Alternator, water pump or idler/tensioner pulley. Will need a stethascope to find where the noise is coming from.

2. What size tyres did you have before the Patrol tyres and what size are they now? Patrol tyres should make your speedo more accurate as the Pathy speedo is out from std.

Nick

well i ll try to do do extra check fro the engine this afternoon and about tires, stock ones 235-70-15,,,,, new ones : 265-70-16 but i m considering to try the 245-70-16 what you think? ( no problem with the actual patrol ones but i m lookin for somethin optimized for milage as i m usin the car a lot inside the city too,anyway i ll observe actual ones if affect my ld mpg)

Edited by pathyhaze

welcome to the NPORA forum. What country are you in?

Unfortunately my opinion is worse than NickJ's. My guess is that driving through water to the point where the engine shuts off, most likely means you sucked some H2O up (hydrolock), which couldn't compress in the cylinders = bent rods

hope for the best but expect for the worst.

welcome to the NPORA forum. What country are you in?

Unfortunately my opinion is worse than NickJ's. My guess is that driving through water to the point where the engine shuts off, most likely means you sucked some H2O up (hydrolock), which couldn't compress in the cylinders = bent rods

hope for the best but expect for the worst.

DUbai in U.A.E and usualy there is no rain at all :D,, well i m worried and expecting what u said but the thing is its running normaly ,,same power maybe 5% less i m not sure but yes there is this noise