Outside Door Handle Broke

Hi everyone, Just recently the icy weather caused the outside door handle on my 88 pathfinder to break. I have one I picked up from the junkyard, but am having a hard time figuring out to put the new one in. I have gotten the broken one out, and the door panel and everything off. What I cant figure out is where the rod attaches from the handle to where? The bottom of the rod has a circular plastic piece that is threaded on the bottom, I'm just not sure how this little plastic piece attaches to anything. Any help would be very appreciated, thanks!

I actually just did this a little over a week ago, should've taken pics I guess.... are you talking about the L shaped rod that connects to the handle? If so, the plastic piece on the bottom of it (male end) just fits into another piece (female end) by the edge of the door. It simply sits down in it and when the handle is lifted, the piece gets pushed down. Hope that helps.

I actually just did this a little over a week ago, should've taken pics I guess.... are you talking about the L shaped rod that connects to the handle? If so, the plastic piece on the bottom of it (male end) just fits into another piece (female end) by the edge of the door. It simply sits down in it and when the handle is lifted, the piece gets pushed down. Hope that helps.

Exactly what I needed to know! I accidently screwed the plastic piece on where the male part was facining the wrong direction. Thanks again!

Edited by RustyButTrusty