Rearview Mirror

Just curious if any one knows if the rear view mirror off of a 2001 will plug into a 1998 (the one on the windshield)? The 2001 looks like it bolts the to the roof instead of gluing to the windshield, which means i won't brake my windshield again with my stereo. Mine has the compass and temp display.

Thanks

I don't think any R50 Pathfinders have that set-up; it's attached to the overhead console. :scratchhead:

I replaced the factory mirror on my 2001 and it was the same part number as a '97 mirror I found at a parts yard. even though Nissan changed the center console trim in 2001 (black plastic instead of dark gray) the overhead console did not change - it's still gray for 2001.

98ChilkootTrail, sounds like you have the optional auto-dim mirror with compass and/or temp that mounts to the glass. In the US I think it was a dealer-installed option only but maybe some of the Canadian vehicles had it from the factory. post a picture of your overhead console and I should be able to tell you if it will fit - I'm thinking you might just have a plastic trim piece that pops in to cover the hole for the mirror mounting bracket.