Where to mount Sirius and CB radios?

Gorilla Man

I am transferrings my uniden cb radio and my audiovox Sirius radio from my old car into my Pathfinder, and want to see if any of you having any creative mountings for these items, or ones like them. The car is brand new (to me, at least) so I really want to stay away from drilling holes in the dash. Any ideas are welcome. TIA

I have a 2002 (Australian Model) and have put my Uniden CB underneath the stock radio.

There was a small tray underneath, but it is fitted to a "DIN" rack mount, so I removed the tray and mounted the CB there.

Antenna wire through side panel then inside Fender to Radiator support panel then to Antenna mount on "Scrub Bar"

Cheers,

Colin

I am doing the same. My bose radio "blew up" so I am removing both the head unit and the 6 disc changer. I am replacing the headunit with a Alpine unit and the 6 disc will be repalced with the CB. Should have it instaleld in a week or two so I can have pics....

~jrvanas

I've got a 2001 and had the same dilemna. My XM Roady came with a swivel mount that has double sided tape on the back. On my Jeep this wasn't a problem since there were a few options. I finally went to Home Depot and bought a plastic junction box for a light switch. If you turned it sideways, the height was perfect for the little "cubby hole" beneath the stereo. All I had to do was cut the back corners off at an angle (since the hole gets more narrow as it goes back) and it fit near perfectly. Then, I put one strand of double sided tape around the box to take up the remainder of the slack, painted it all black and put it in the hole. It looks pretty much factory now! Good luck.

Matt