gas

miked18235

Check for fouled plugs on that side of the engine. If one is fouled, it could be that unburnt fuel is coming out past the exhaust valve during the exhaust stroke of the motor and running down the manifold. If a plug looks wet, you're not burning all the fuel in that cylinder.

Good luck.

Between the down pipe and mani you say? You should have a pretty loud exaust leak to be able to see any liquid dripping out of there. If you haven't noticed the exaust leak then the liquid is coming from another location.

can you say engine fire?

I just drove by a mid 90s explorer with flames shooting out the drivers side fender during morning rush hour - poor dude was standing away from his truck one hand on his head while talking on his cell... pacing back and forth...

soulda gone with a Nissan...

LOL, should've gone with a FIRE EXTINGUISHER !!! Every 4 wheeled vehicle I own has at least 1 automotive extinguisher. Being a VW fan, this lesson gets beaten into you. On the other hand, of all vehicles <5 years old the Landrover has the highest incident of engine fires, so price has nothing to do with it. Nothing like watching your car burn on the side of the road, for lack of a $15 item. At least you can call someone to whine to on your $100 cell phone and log it in your $300 PDA. LMAO...

Bernard

I had a fire in my P.O.S. Mitsu truck in high school. I was at a gas station adding oil since it burned and leaked about a quart every 500-1000 miles. :D But the way the filler cap is located, any drips spill right onto the exhaust. Well, when you spill a *lot*, a lot goes onto the exhaust and *poof* up it goes. Ran inside, got 32oz. of Sprite from the fountain drinks and put it out. Amazingly, the cashier didn't even try to charge me for the drink. -alcohol- So I looked everything over, hopped in, and drove away. Have a nice day! WAVEY