Help With Exhaust

Tungsten

Ok so I have the Doug Thorley short tube headers now on my 91...

According to Precise1, the Y-pipe takes 2x 2.00" pipes and exits with a 2.25" outlet. However, the factory midpipe that connects to it is a 2.00"! :scratchhead: Did Doug Thorley intend that you should upgrade the factory 2.00" setup to a 2.25" setup?

Should I be fine going from 2.25" to 2.00" or will the flanges not line up and leak?

I looked around on the web and could not find any 2.25" midpipes with the O2 sensor port for this truck. Maybe anyone know any other vehicles with a 2.25" midpipe and O2 port? Then what about the tailpipe? I would like to go 2.25" all the way if I could.

I can try and get someone to weld but I never created a custom pipe before. I can't go to a shop right now because I'm pretty much broke until next year. lol If anyone can get me a guide on creating custom pipes that would be great.

The reason I'm asking for this is I'm trying to find out if I should buy a 2.00" muffler or a 2.25" muffler and a matching 2.25" cat to go along.

Any help is appreciated! :)

Edited by Tungsten

thorleys 2.25 collector will bolt to your 2"(actually 1.875) Mid pipe. Mine still is. the carsound/magnaflow direct replacement cat is actually 2.25 but it also bolts up and seals fine.

what this means is, you can do go 2" or 2.25" with no issues. and its ok if you go 2" witha 2.25" cat because then the core doesn't coke it too much.

1.875"? I remember seeing the midpipe listed as 2.00" on NAPA but this was for the VG30E motor.

Right now I'm trying to get a Flowmaster 60 Delta Flow muffler but not sure about the size.

1.875"? I remember seeing the midpipe listed as 2.00" on NAPA but this was for the VG30E motor.

Right now I'm trying to get a Flowmaster 60 Delta Flow muffler but not sure about the size.

There are a few possible answers for this

1)they are .125" wrong

2)the replacement part is 2.0 becase that is a more economical size since it is more common.

3)Or maybe it was 45mm but replacement pipe is standard not metric....

4)...

ok this is what I think on size for High flow mufflers in general for the pathy.

2.25 may resonte more(louder) and you'll feel the differance @ higway speeds.

2.0 will still feel good @ highway speeds but you'll also feel good @ some of the lower rpms too.

D'OH!!

I just realized that the exit was an offset but I got the center in and out model. :headwall:

If you want this, make sure to get the 952062 and not the 952060.

Good thing I ordered off Amazon, they make returns easy. :)

Just ordered a 952062...