87 Factory Roof Rack & Thule

87BeachCruiser

Hey all, searched around this site and Thule, and can't quite figure out what I need. I have an 87 with the factory rack, so I think I need either a 450 or 450R (Crossroad) to attach the load bars to my factory rack. It looks like the R is wider and more oval (for new Nissans with those crazy space age looking bars), and the regular 450 is what I need, but then again maybe the R just stands for rapid mount and they're the same size.... I was hoping someone with a similar Thule setup could chime in here (buying sight unseen online). Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey all, searched around this site and Thule, and can't quite figure out what I need. I have an 87 with the factory rack, so I think I need either a 450 or 450R (Crossroad) to attach the load bars to my factory rack. It looks like the R is wider and more oval (for new Nissans with those crazy space age looking bars), and the regular 450 is what I need, but then again maybe the R just stands for rapid mount and they're the same size.... I was hoping someone with a similar Thule setup could chime in here (buying sight unseen online). Thanks.

if you use the thule website it will tell you, just select your vehicle and choose factory racks..