Wheel Questions

Guest My1stImport

Guest My1stImport

I'm about to give my 95 Pathfinder a 3" body lift and a cheap 3" suspension lift with the $35 rancharo shocks. I'm only going to use the truck on the farm and for fun play. I want to get some cheap black rims for it but don't know what size I need. I don't want huge tires, I would like to keep the stock height tire, but wider. Whats a good wheel/tire combo I should use?

Guest My1stImport

What about bolt pattern and wheel spacing? I don't like how narrow the track of the pf is and I don't mind doing some cutting to make a wider stance work.

yep, 6 on 5.5, 6 bolts and 5.5" diameter. All you really have to know is that less backspacing means a wider stance, and the same goes for offset. You wouldn't really have to cut anything to give it a wider stance, just get different rims B)

You can order your rock crawler rims over at 4wheelparts.com or go to discount tire and buy you some lookalikes or have them order them for you.

with the 3" suspension and 3" body you can run 33x12.50s with some rubbing. the rubbing can be cleared by trimming down the fenders and flares.

If you have the lego wheels, they are a 15x7 wheel with roughly a 4.5-4.75" backspacing wrapped in 31x10.50s. You can safely fit 31x11.50s, 32x11.50s, 33x10.50s. Expect to rub the frame with the 33s.

The XE Chrome wheels are a 15x6 with about 4.5- 4.75" backspacing and come wrapped in 235x75x15s. You can safely run 31x10.50s, 33x10.50s, and 33x9.50s. Expect to rub the frame with the 33s.

I do not remember the exact backspacing for these wheels but they are roughly about around there.

I run 15x8 wheels with a 4" backspacing wrapped in 33x12.50 Dunlop Mud Rovers. Due to the 4" backspacing, my inner tire lugs catch the tension/compression rod mount at full steering lock. That can probably be cleared using wheels with a 3.75 backspacing or adjust your steering stops. The rubbing can tear small chunks on the inner lugs.

Guest My1stImport

Thanks for the info guys.

I'm thinking I'll go with some 15 x 8 / 3.50 rockcrawlers

How much is that 4" trailmaster set-up?

you can run 32x11.50s fine on a 15x8. with the Trailmaster setup, make sure you run a wheel with at least a 3.5" BS.

The Trail Master setup is rough 800-900 dollars. I haven't check it out in a while. Go www.4x4parts.com and check it out.

• 1 month later...

I am looking for a stock aluminum wheel for my '92 Pathfinder to use as a spare on my rear spare-tire carrier. My local auto salvage yards tell me that there is a difference between the stock front and rear rims. Is there really a difference or does it merely refer to the different wheel covers, not the rims, between front & rear? Thanks.