new and dumb

Guest sexelby

Guest sexelby

ummm I was looking underneith my Pathfinder the other day and I noticed on the top of the shocks theres plugs was wondering what they were for I have a feeling it has something to do with the comfort switch but if I get new shocks do I have to get them with that plug on the top ? but ultimately I want to turn it into a dune worthy Pathfinder thanks

-sexelby

Guest sexelby

also I was reading about the tranny mod and I have some tranny problems of my own and was wondeing if any one had anything symliar happen when Im driving along on the freeway it will just pop outta overdrive for no reason and if I mess with the over drive switch and pop it in and outta neutral i can get to pop back in to overdrive any sugestions ?? do you think that tranny mod will fix it ? its really starting to well no swearing so make me mad haha

Plugs on top of the shocks? Are they factory shocks? I have Ranchos with a knob at the top, but I don't think thats what you are talking about. Did your Pathfinder come with the adjustable suspension? I read somewhere that Nissan included that option on some R50's, but have never actually heard of someone who had it. Maybe a picture would be useful B)

sorry it took me so long to reply I got some pics from the top of my struts and the comfort sport button in the cab I think they are adjustable so would that mean if I wanted new / better ones would I have to order them from Nissan ?or could I just disconnect them and not have a worry ? I took it out off roading yesterday it suprised me it can handle it self little rough but ... I cant wait to take it up on the dunes I think new shocks and a lift and skid plate are in order for that first so yea what kind of shocks would you suggest for a softer trail ride ? and about that tranny problem I think all my pathy needed was a little trail lovin cause its not doin it any more but thanks again for your help

I bought adjustable shocks from my local Nissan dealer and the price was quite reasonable (about $100 for all four shocks if my memory is right). My ride is an '89 Pathfinder SE. There are probably some better "aftermarket" shocks available, but the stock Nissan ones meet all my needs. I think the electric connector just operates a small solenoid to increase or decrease shock damping.

Good luck,

jim

Softer trail ride, huh? most people want it stiffer, but its a personal preference thing I guess. Another thing, are you talking about shocks or struts? In your first post you called them shocks, but then you referred to them as struts. Struts are up front, shocks out back. If you are talking about struts, then your best bet would probably be Nissan replacements, since I beleive that almost every aftermarket replacement out there would be stiffer than stock. ;)