exhust, how many chambers for the cat?

shane

hey guys i am having an exhust overhaul and i want my pathfinder to sound nice so i plan to change my 3 chamber cat to a high flow cat with either 2 chambers or 1 chamber i will be buying new headers i am not sure what kind yet, probably pacemaker and i will have a flowmaster 40 series delta with a 2 1/4 inch pipe all the way out no bend at the end so it goes straight out the back. I am not sure how many chambers the cat should be i want my pathy to sound loud and nice like a truck but i dont want it to be to loud but i also want it kinda loud a but confusing but I'm sure you guys know what im talking about. if anyone has any experience with this kind of stuff please give me some advice if there is something better that you know of then what i am getting please tell.

PART CURRENT SOON TO GET

-headers stock 3.0 headers new pacemaker headers

-Pipe stock pipe 2 1/4in or 2 1/2 in pipe

-cat stock 3 chamber cat new 2 or 1 chamber high flow cat

-muffler flowmaster 40 series new flowmaster delta 40 series, maybe might kept old

this is a video of a nice sound on a pathy

Catalytic converters don't have chambers. If it says three-way that means it reduces hydrocarbons, CO, and NOx. That is the kind you want. I would recommend the Magnaflow 22760. It's a direct bolt on, high flow converter. They can be had on ebay for around $100 or closer to $70 if you are patient.